Definition of Nest:

A Nest is a place of refuge; a place to raise ones offspring, usually made of some Organic materials.

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Six Keys To A Healthier You: #1 Prayer

One aspect of healthy living is spending time in prayer. If you are feeling ill and dealing with symptoms in your body, increase your prayer time. We are a complex being. We are mainly a spirit being, we have a soul (mind, will & emotions) and we live in a body. Therefore, when our bodies are creating havoc, we need to rely more on our spirits. When Jesus was tired what did He do? He'd go away to a quiet place and commune with God. It might seem impossible to sneak away in your house to a quiet place, especially if you have young ones. But all the more reason to recharge your spiritual batteries and train your little ones how important it is to spend time with the Lord. When I'm having a busy day and I'm needing some extra love from my Father, I'll often go into my bedroom and lie down on my bed and just think on Him. Sometimes I'll be praying in the Spirit and I'll hear footsteps. It's not long before my kids realize Mama left the room and come looking for me. Sometimes they'll come in and lay quietly next to me. Other times they'll quietly go back to what they were playing with. Later, my oldest will say, "I saw you were spending time with the Lord, so I didn't want to bother you." And now they like to have their own quiet time too. Ephesians 6:18 says "With all kinds of prayer and petition, pray at ALL times in the Spirit..." That may seem an impossible task to pray at ALL times, but I think it means to be in a ATTITUDE of constant communication. He wants to be a part of every aspect of our lives. By praying in the Spirit, we will be renewed and strengthened in our inner man. Our bodies must come into subjection to our inner man, our spirit. Always remember that Jesus already took all sickness onto His body when He suffered on the cross for us. We just need to receive our healing by faith. Spending more time in prayer will keep that switch of faith turned on. Be blessed today as you endeavor to spend more time communicating with God. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment