Definition of Nest:

A Nest is a place of refuge; a place to raise ones offspring, usually made of some Organic materials.

Friday, October 3, 2008

It's Harvest Time!


Since I was a kid, I've always loved Autumn the best of all seasons. I was the rare kid who loved that back-to-school feeling and buying school supplies. It must be the writer in me, because I could spend lots of money in stores like Office Max or Staples. I'm in awe of all the good smelling paper and cool pens. I especially love harvest time in Upstate New York. The leaves are beautiful and the apples are the best. All summer, my kids, who are big apple connoisseurs, complain about the yucky, old apples that are at the store. I keep saying, not much longer til harvest time and apples a plenty, apples galore! Well, this morning we braved the rain and went on our first homeschool field trip to the apple farm. Yay! After waiting for about an hour for the skies to clear, we finally went on a hayride and picked some apples. I've never seen so many kids willingly choose apples for a snack, but every one had at least one, fresh off the tree. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment