Definition of Nest:

A Nest is a place of refuge; a place to raise ones offspring, usually made of some Organic materials.

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My Irresistible Boy!

We had some visitors at our house for the past two weeks, or should I say INTRUDERS. You know the gross "germy" kind. They hitchhiked to our home with Pun'kin Head and came from an unknown source. They settled in right away and shared the love with every family member, so we wouldn't feel left out, I suppose. The same exact pattern took place with each of us. Day 1-scratchy throat. Day2-unbearably sore throat, can't eat or drink a thing because it's too painful. Day3-no more sore throat, yay, just a constant running nose! Day4- No more runny nose, yay, now a stuffy, can't breath nose and fever, ugh! Day5- No more fever, a little stuffy still, cough, cough, cough! So, of course Mama kicks it into high gear. You know the drill: Prayer first, then, roasting garlic, cooking chicken soup, handing out echinacea, zinc, vit. c, tea, lots and lots of h2o. Changing unplanned-for dirty sheets, trying to cuddle, read stories, rigging the laptop for in-bedroom dvds, de-germing all surfaces, sitting up for all hours of the night with Sweet Pea, who instead of just taking some children's Motrin, would rather scream every half hour that her throat hurts and doesn't want mama, who is now feeling quite yucky herself, to go in her own bed. Needless to say, I was quite tired. Once all the germs set in, I decided to quarantine both kiddos to their rooms as much as possible. Obviously, we all share the same germs, but they can get better rest when forced into beds. It's not easy to keep 8.5 y.o. and 6 y.o. children confined for long. Pun'kin Head was waiting patiently to be tucked in, knowing he could steal away a private audience with Mama. Handsome Hubby was working one of his late nights, therefore would not be home for his usual clean-up-after-dinner blessing he usually bestows upon me (I love it when HH is home for dinner!) Normal bedtime is 8:30, by the time I got Sweet Pea out of the bath, dried off, lotioned up (she had been long overdue for a bath) and painstakingly combed through her thick curly head of hair and put her to bed it was 9:15. I dragged myself to Pun'kin Head's room hoping a quick prayer and hug would suffice for tonight, being so pooped out. I walked in to see him sitting up in bed waiting patiently for me. His one hand was under his pillow like he was hiding something. "Mama," he started, "Because I haven't spent much time with you, because I've been in bed all day, I REALLY missed you." I could tell his brain had hatched a little plan. I sighed. Seeing the disappointment in my eyes he saw his opening. "Could I interest you in a game of Uno?" he asked with a grin. I think before he was born, the Lord must have told him in heaven, "You'll be going with that lady because she won't be able to resist you!" I couldn't help but chuckle. Fifteen minutes later it was finally lights out and as I stumbled out of Pun'kin Head's room, Handsome Hubby walked through the door. "You're just putting him to bed now?" he questioned. My response..."Yup, and he beat the pants off of me at Uno again!"

No comments:

Post a Comment