Definition of Nest:

A Nest is a place of refuge; a place to raise ones offspring, usually made of some Organic materials.

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Where in the world do all the socks go??

I read many, many blogs and most are written by incredible moms of many children. I am a mom to only two children, so far, yet I still can't seem to keep up with the laundry. I suppose it doesn't help that my kids find it offending to wear only ONE outfit per day. And, if clean, pants and bathrobes do not need washing EVERYDAY, Sweet Pea! It's not the washing I hate as much as the folding and then the dreaded putting away. (HH is great at the putting away!) Once the laundry is finally done and folded it could sit in the basket for Lord only knows how many days. If I still don't find or make the time to put it away and you come over to my house for a visit, that basket of clean, folded clothes will end up in the walk-in closet. Don't tell.

Requests for this or that are usually answered as "I don't know...check in the basket!" But the most common request is "Mom, I can't find any socks!" Where in the world do they go? Do they up and escape their dreaded life long duty of covering up sweaty, stinky toes? When we do locate a pair, I am then informed of their less than desirable quality...aka...holey socks.

My boy has been literally begging for new socks. Trying to stave him off until payday when I realized I might as well get some extra hats and mittens too. The first few days of snowfall here has left my basement flooded with wet winter gear on the drying rack. My boy can't just use his gear to keep warm. No. That would be too simple. He must roll in the snow like a dog until his stuff is sopping wet. Then if we need to run an errand he's got nothing dry to wear. Extras are necessity.

Upon my return tonight from the weekly grocery shopping, Pun'kin Head was "over the moon" that I managed to pick him up a new hat and snuggly socks. He put them on immediately and I must say looked very fetching with his jammies and hat on! I just checked on him and found him sleeping soundly and right next to his pillow, folded nicely of course was some of the new socks and hat! I guess you could say he's thankful for them. Gotta love simple pleasures :)

No comments:

Post a Comment