Definition of Nest:

A Nest is a place of refuge; a place to raise ones offspring, usually made of some Organic materials.

Monday, November 24, 2008

What is a Dubba?



Got an email the other day from my brother Dave saying that he finally had a minute to check out my new blog! The only criticism he had was that there seemed to be no mention of HIM! Specifically, what is a Dubba? I just didn't want others to be jealous of us by mentioning all of his great attributes. Well, here's my attempt to remedy that.
I'm not sure I remember when the name "Dubba" was given to him, but all of the nieces and nephews and all other little kids call Uncle Dave "Dubba". Dubba is an incredible guy. He's a handsome, strong, snuggly bear of a guy who gives the best hugs (know wonder all the kids are stuck to him like magnets!). He is an extremely charming and friendly guy and definitely not the shy, quiet type. If you are within a mile from Dubba's house while the Red Sox or Pats are playing, you'll hear him! He is also the most generous, fun-loving, and kind person I know.
He's ALWAYS been there for me and seven years my senior, more a "father figure" than a big brother. But I am happy to say, now that we are grown, he is one of my closest friends. My husband grew up with no brothers and four sisters, therefore Dubba has become the big brother he never had. He'd be the first one to tell you that Dubba is SUPER DAD and a tough act to follow.
He not only works diligently, many hours a week, but he's always there for his wife and kids. He has coached his kids various sports teams, helped with homework, attended a myriad of dance and band recitals, school events, soccer, baseball, softball, gymnastic, and golf matches where he is always their number one fan! He even takes his kids on "dad and kids only" camp-out weekends so mom can have a break!
He travels eight hours to visit us once or twice a year and always asks "should I bring my tools?" as he has done so many projects for us at our home. He also generously hosts all of us as we travel to New England once or twice a year, even our pup is welcome!
What more can I say, other than I feel badly for all of you that don't have Dubba (or someone like him) in your life. Love you Dub, Sis :)

1 comment:

  1. Okay, So Dubba complained about the unfavorable snaps of him. In my defense, our computer recently crashed and I lost all our pics, these were the only digitals I could find. But this is the essence of Dubba, snuggling his girls!

    ReplyDelete