Definition of Nest:

A Nest is a place of refuge; a place to raise ones offspring, usually made of some Organic materials.

Friday, November 21, 2008

Six Keys To A Healthier You: #3 Worship & Praise

Psalm 34 "I will bless the Lord at all times; His PRAISE shall CONTINUALLY be in my mouth. My soul shall make its boast in the Lord; the humble shall hear it and rejoice. O, magnify the Lord with me and let us exalt His name together."

Praise can set the tone for the entire house. I'm the first to admit that I AM NOT a morning person. I'm not grumpy in the morning, but I definitely prefer my sleep as I am a night-owl! I am slow going and hate to be rushed to get ready. But by the time I'm in the shower, songs of praise are always on my lips (much to my family's chagrin!).

Having continual praise in our hearts is one part of keeping ourselves healthy. I truly believe Christians today are not seeing the power of God working in their lives as much as they'd like, because they are lacking in praise. Oh, we are people of faith and we've got all our confessions of His word, but we are still feeling down and depressed about the situations in our lives that we want to see changed but haven't yet.

As the wife of a worship pastor, music and praise is a huge part of our home. Our kids love to hang out and "jam" with daddy as he rehearses, with much amperage, several days a week. But praise is more than just singing songs. It's having an attitude of praise in our hearts. When it's the end of a long, tiring day and there is still dinner to be prepared(not my favorite part of my day) I put on my ipod and belt it out to the Lord. Singing songs that exalt Him make my frustrations melt away and center my faith to know that He cares about every part of my little life.

Hebrews 13:15 "Through Him then, let us CONTINUALLY offer up a SACRIFICE of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips that give thanks to His name."

It is a sacrifice because we must do it even when we least feel like it. The things the Lord encourages us to do in His word are not for His benefit, but for ours. Does God have an ego-centered attitude? No. He knows if we will PRAISE Him continually we are giving Him something to work with and then He can move on our behalf. In praise, we are magnifying Him and not our circumstances.

If you are believing God for something, start by praising Him for all that He has already done for you. He is the same yesterday, today and forever. Therefore what He did once, He can do again. Search the scriptures to see how He has blessed His children and know that He has no favorites. What He has done for one, He will do for you. The word says, without faith (hearing and accepting what you've heard as truth) it is impossible to please God. And praise will keep that "switch of faith" turned on. Be blessed today as you unleash the power of praise in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment