Definition of Nest:

A Nest is a place of refuge; a place to raise ones offspring, usually made of some Organic materials.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

All You Need Is Love...And A Little Chocolate Doesn't Hurt!

I read that quote recently and I concur! It has been an exhausting week! I feel so tired yet sleep hasn't come easily or soundly enough. I swear we are all still messed up from changing the clocks. Any excuse will work for me at this point. The kiddos have been taking forever to settle down at night and therefore sleeping in, which means we start school later than I'd like. They goofed off the entire time today during bookwork time, but then they wanted to have their free time in the afternoon that they enjoy. Mama had to come down hard and make them finish up their work on their own time. They haven't had much opportunity for any physical outlet the past couple of days and really needed to be wrestled up a bit. Where's Daddy when you need him! Mama's just don't wrestle as well...so I've been told. And I've also been told DAD doesn't have rules when he wrestles. Well, Mama's are built different and WE NEED RULES! Handsome Hubby returned from his FOUR day business trip (hey, no wonder I'm so tired) bearing souvenirs for the kiddos and dirty laundry for me. It's also Thursday and I've come to despise Thursdays, as Fridays are food shopping day in our house, and by Thursday there is not even a mouse-sized morsel to be found. These kids eat up every scrap of everything each week and by the time Friday rolls around, Mother Hubbard's Cupboards are beyond bare! No wonder these little piggies each gained 6 lbs. in one year (they recently had their check-ups)! It's the highlight of the day now to sit and fold THREE loads of laundry. Anyway, in desperate need of a little pick me up after tucking them in and I couldn't find ANYTHING that looked good. In desperate need of one thing in particular, CHOCOLATE! I rummaged until I found some chocolate chips in the baking supply cupboard and downed a handful. Ahh! Much better. I can face tomorrow! Hey, don't judge, you know you've been there. Happy Almost Friday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment