Definition of Nest:

A Nest is a place of refuge; a place to raise ones offspring, usually made of some Organic materials.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Giving Thanks

1Thes. 5:18 "...in everything GIVE THANKS; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

Ever wanted to know what God's will was for your life? It says right here, in everything give thanks and that is part of God's will for you. It didn't say FOR everything, for not everything in our lives comes from God, it said IN everything give thanks. If what you are going through is contrary to the word of God, you can still thank Him while you are in the midst of it. Thank Him for the answer, thank Him for deliverance.

Having a thankful heart, no matter what comes your way, will put you over in life. If you can't think of anything to thank Him for start with what He has already done for you. If you have accepted the salvation the Lord provided for you when Jesus took your place on the cross and delivered you from a life of sin, darkness and separation from God, start with that. I could think upon that ALL day and never tire of giving my thanks. He loved us so much that He gave Jesus, not only to be the sacrifice for our sins, but He also took ALL sickness and manner of disease on His own body so that we could be free from it.

I am so thankful for many, many blessings in my life. I am loved by the God of all creation! I know Him personally and because He rent the veil in two, I can go to Him and commune with Him anytime I want. I don't need a mediator to converse for me. He cared enough to want to know me personally.

Every good and perfect gift comes from above and therefore every blessing in my life, from the greatest to smallest, is only because of the Lord. I am thankful for my wonderful husband and two beautiful children. They bring such joy and happiness to my life and an example of God's unconditional love for me here on this earth. I am thankful for my extended family and wonderful friends.

If you can't think of something to be thankful for start with the basic things that we, in this very blessed country, often take for granted. I am thankful that I live in this country where I am free to worship the Lord without persecution. I am thankful that I woke up this morning in a warm bed and house. That I took a shower in warm, clean water. That I ate a healthy breakfast and my tummy is now full and satisfied. That I have a car with which to drive anywhere I choose to today and gas in it's tank. That I am able to stay home with my children while my husband goes to his job.

Wow! We are a BLESSED people! The next few days, while we are stuffing our faces with stuffing, let us not forget the One from Whom ALL blessings come. And let us endeavor to share all of our many blessings with those who may not know the same comforts and share with them the One Who desires to freely GIVE them all good things.

No comments:

Post a Comment