Definition of Nest:

A Nest is a place of refuge; a place to raise ones offspring, usually made of some Organic materials.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Shack by Wm. Paul Young


I kept hearing about this new book, The Shack, by Wm. Paul Young, everywhere I went. It is a best-seller so it wasn't so surprising. But I'm usually a bit leery about books that "seem" so popular. I am very careful about what I choose to spend time reading. But I'm also an "eat-the-grain-spit-out-the-sticks" kind of girl, so I thought I'd give it a try.


This is no light-weight read here. To be completely honest I did not read the inserts to see exactly what was contained. I had heard it contains some pretty heavy, heart-wrenching things and wasn't sure if I would read it knowing too much about it.


Without giving too much away, because this book is truly an emotional journey, can I just say check it out. Once you get passed the Great Sadness that this family endures, the rest of this book portrays beautifully the heart of the Lord toward His children. With vivid and captivating details of how the Lord reveals Himself to one man, it will leave you with a sense of His goodness and a longing to sneak away with Him to commune each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment