Definition of Nest:

A Nest is a place of refuge; a place to raise ones offspring, usually made of some Organic materials.

Monday, January 19, 2009

Mama-time and Barnes and Noble!

Went out tonight for some "mama-time" and what better place to go than Barnes & Noble...books and hot treats! Handsome Hubby very often has to kick me out of house for a little bit of "mama-time". Time which consists of doing something that has nothing at all to do with kiddos. I could go for weeks without ever being alone and not notice. But sweet man that he is, he kicks me out for the sake of my own sanity. Although I'd much rather meet up with a girlfriend, not all moms can be spontaneous on the same evening, so tonight, I was on my own.

I sat in the Starbucks cafe, sipping a Hot Chai Latte (too late at night for coffee) and actually read more than one sentence without interruption! I'll readily admit that I am a BOOKWORM! As a kid I would rather spend an entire Saturday afternoon reading a good book, than playing outdoors with my three brothers. Big sis was already out of the house when I was eight or nine (being the oldest and ten years my senior), so in order to stay out the way of all the testosterone in the house, I usually buried my nose in a book.

On one occasion, my mother-in-love and I spent about seven hours straight at a Barnes & Noble! Pun'kin Head was a newborn and sweet mama picked us up to get us out of the house. After lunch we of course made our way over to B&N. Mama is as big a fan of the written word as I am and time passed quickly as we read books & magazines, chatted while I nursed Pun'kin Head and took turns burping and snuggling him up. When we got hungry, we bought snacks and continued to chat and read. After about six hours Handsome Hubby called her cell phone to ask our whereabouts as he must have thought we skipped town with his offspring in tow! When she told him we were still at B&N, he exclaimed " Still? Whatever for?" We laughed and proceeded to pack things up :)

Oh, silly man, not the biggest fan of the written word, still proclaims at the other end of the sofa, "When are you gonna finish that stupid book and pay some attention to me?!" So sorry honey. I've had many years of ignoring men because of a good read, I can't change overnight! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment