Definition of Nest:

A Nest is a place of refuge; a place to raise ones offspring, usually made of some Organic materials.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Caught on tape!

Okay. I am now wondering why did we spend a small fortune on a camcorder for our nine year old for Christmas?? Pun'kin Head has had so much fun the past few weeks making little videos of his Star Wars action figures and learning how to upload and edit videos on the laptop. Didn't know we needed to enforce any RULES for the use of the camera...well, we do NOW!

The other day I stepped out of the shower, dried off and applied my lotion. I forgot to bring my new clothes in the bathroom with me, but as no one else was upstairs with me, I bolted from the bathroom, across the hallway to my bedroom, to fetch some duds. Ah, once in the safety of my own room I proceeded to take my time dressing, as I was waiting for my lotion to dry anyway. There I stood, in the buff, in my closet, when a little red light reflecting in my full-length mirror caught my eye. I slowly walked toward my vanity and noticed that the baby monitor was turned on. My kids always use the old baby monitor as "spy gear" when playing and usually snoop on us when we have people over for dinner etc... As I walked a little closer I noticed not only the harmless monitor, but the new cellphone-sized camcorder also on the table.

In a sound only an experienced mama can make, I screeched "Good Lord! Is that camera on??"
Oh, yeah, it was! I then got a crash course in video editing and the wonderful DELETE button! To make a long story short...Pun'kin Head now has agreed to ALWAYS ask permission of anyone he might be taping. Sigh :)

No comments:

Post a Comment