Definition of Nest:

A Nest is a place of refuge; a place to raise ones offspring, usually made of some Organic materials.

Friday, January 9, 2009

Got Vision??

Pun'kin Head is a typical 9 year old boy when it comes to writing. He was an early reader and has impeccable penmanship, but gets very stressed out when asked to write even a paragraph for school. To help engage him in this seemingly mundane activity, I've been encouraging journaling. His journal started out with few words and mostly artwork, but I felt I shouldn't push him. He has come to enjoy writing short stories and his own comic books. But I've found him writing more and more in his journal, outside of my homeschool writing requests. I've found him copying scriptures into his journal and the other day I read an entry that really made me think. It read:

"I think for the future. I can make churches with my friends."

Wow! My boy has vision! He is planning for his future and I am proud that those plans include the works of the Lord. Vision, we all need to be people of vision. Without it, we perish. So I send out this question...search your heart...Got Vision?

2 comments:

  1. Why isn't there a "Handsome Hubby" label?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, don't be so jealous! None of this would be possible without him(you)! I will be sure to dedicate a post to you this year!

    ReplyDelete